status.cgi modification request

Jon Angliss jon at netdork.net
Sat May 9 02:26:27 CEST 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009 15:07:33 -0400, shadih rahman <shadhin71 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>All,
>   I am running nagios-3.0.6 and I am noticing a problem with status.cgi.
>If a host has no service attached to it then it is not showing up on when I
>hit "view status detail for this host" link.  It has to do with status.cgi
>page I presume.  Is this intended or is it a bug?  Please advie on this.
>Thanks
>
>Example:
>     Host "a" has only host check no service check
>     Host "b" has both host check and service check
>

>https://nagios.example.com/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?host=a
>----shows nothing
>
>https://nagios.example.com/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?host=b
>   ---shows up

What do you expect it to show?  The "status detail" shows the services
assigned to that host, and as there is no services assigned to the
host, it has nothing to show.

I guess it'd probably be quite nice to have the "status detail" show
the host detail *and* service detail when you ask for the status
detail for a host.

That being said, the host details are on the host when you're looking
at the host page, so why duplicate the information?

--
Jonathan Angliss
<jon at netdork.net>