Nagios is dead! Long live Icinga!

Matthias Flacke matthias.flacke at gmx.de
Wed May 6 20:57:08 CEST 2009

Ethan Galstad wrote:
> From what I can tell from our experiences with them thus far,
> Netways appears to be using "the community" to exploit the Nagios
> project.
I don't want to discuss this legal stuff, because I'm acting not
commercially here. But when I read behind these lines I hear the
accusation that we community members have been instrumented by Netways.
Beware, we're free people like you. The community discussion about the
future of Nagios was completely apart from Netways. It started after
NagCon 2008, when you nearly word by word repeated your presentation
from 2007 and the good attempts to invent a patching queue ended silently.
> 4. Big things are coming around the bend for Nagios.  Big things take
> time.  Be patient for a bit longer and you'll see the results.

If you call for building a team of developers, if you ask for any kind
of support, we all will be with you. But Nagios has grown too big for a
one man show.
>From my point of view you did not really gave us a chance to
contribute.  Big things are done by community.

-Matthias