Event broker question

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Mar 24 14:36:46 CET 2009

Justin Amburn wrote:
> Hi all,
>   Has anyone written any custom Event broker modules?

I've written plenty (seven or eight, iirc).

> Does anyone have a
> sample module that can call an external shell command when anything
> 'critical' happens?

I doubt it, but as Johannes says you can do that with eventhandlers
(or notification-scripts).

However, if you were to inform us as to what your end-goal is, you're
far more likely to get an answer that
a) Makes sense.
b) May not relate to event-broker modules at all.
c) Actually solves your problem.

YMMV though, but good luck even so.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.