Moving to git?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Mar 23 13:15:29 CET 2009

Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Alexander Wirt schrieb am Saturday, den 21. March 2009:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> since branching is very painfull with svn I'm currently thinking about
>> moving the nagios packaging to git (at least for nagios3...).
>>
>> Having a real branching (eventuallly with topgit) would really help me with
>> the changes I plan for nagios3 in squeeze (-cgi package and so on).
>>
>> What do the other uploaders think about that idea?
> Upps, this mail should have been gone the debian maintainers list. My
> apologize for it.

There's a Nagios git clone on repo.or.cz somewhere. Marc Powell (I think?)
is responsible for keeping it up-to-date, and he's doing a far better job
of it than I am with git.op5.org, although git.op5.org houses an XSRF patch
to Nagios that you'll almost certainly want to incorporate into your packages.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.