Semicolons replaced by colons in plugin output - intention?

Matthias Flacke Matthias.Flacke at gmx.de
Mon Mar 23 10:00:14 CET 2009

Hi Ethan, hi list,

working on HTML improved plugin output I noticed that semicolons in
plugin output are generally replaced by simple colons. What is the
intention behind that? It makes it very difficult to write HTML
extensions for plugin output.

As a side note: this replacement is only implemented for the
standard plugin output and not for the long_plugin_output.

If there isn't any present reason for it any more I would be very
pleased if these replacements could be removed. A patch against the
current CVS is attached.

Cheers,
-Matthias