timzones

Nick np121 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:09:30 CET 2009

Thanks for that but we have to keep the notifications within Nagios

We use FoxBox for sending out SMS's which is now built into Nagios

Lets hope setting time zones per contact relative to GMT with a setting for
start/end DST can be added to Nagios in a future version.

Would be nice to have only a few timeperiods in one .cfg
 And let nagios work out if the local time meets the requirement to send out
a notification to that contact

I counted up yesterday and I need over 100 different time periods to cover
all the contacts, and that needs to be changed 2 times a year for DST. A
task I'm not looking forward to and it makes room for errors.
My nagios covers 20 world time zones

Nick

On  Mar11, 2009, at 14:36, Julian Hein wrote:
> You could have a look at
>
>   NoMa: https://www.nagiosforge.org/gf/project/noma/
>
> It is a Notification Manager, that handles Notifications outside of
> Nagios.
> Basically you send all notifications from Nagios to NoMa and than NoMa
> decideds if and who should be notified. I am not sure if it handles
> time
> zones currently, but it could easily be extended.

Yep, the new version of NoMa copes with timezones and DST.
It's not yet available to download - but it's stable so I could
upload it
next week if I find the time to write the documentation :-)

WIlliam