Configissue with empty hostgroups and service definition on that hostgroup

Mark Eisenblaetter mark.eisenblaetter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:33:34 CET 2009

Hello List,

i just fell over a problem with using hostgroup_name in service definitions.

Since Nagios3 it's allowed to have emty hostgroups which was a benifit to my
dirtibuted setting. I don't have to have on any distirbuted server my own
service- and hostgroup- files.
The problem i ran into is that i have tried to use service definitins with
hostgroup_name instet of host_name.  Wen i define a service for a hostgroup
without a member nagios throuth a error,

"Could not expand hostgroups and/or hosts specified in service"

is this the desierd behavior or did i found a bug?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Eisenblätter