Read Only Patch

local.coder code at novageeks.org
Tue Jun 16 05:07:35 CEST 2009

I downloaded 2.9 tonight and checked the Diff files against it. On my
system the files patched correctly and compiled without issue. The patch
was updated against 3.0.3 so I know it works there. I still need to fire
up the 2.9 instance to fully test this but give it a try and let me know.

Thanks,
Derrick

README for ReadOnly Patch.
# READONLY Patch for Nagios 3.0.3 Derrick Bennett Aug 4, 2008

This patch will provide for a new option in cgi.cfg

authorized_for_read_only=<user1>,<user2>

Any Nagios userid listed in the above cgi variable will be limited to
Read only CGI Access.
This will block any service or host commands normally shown on the
extinfo pages.
This will also block any service or host based comments from being shown
to read only users.

With this patch applied using:
in the cgi/ dir
patch -r cgiauth.c < cgiauth.diff
patch -r extinfo.c < extinfo.diff
and in the include/ dir
patch -r cgiauth.h < cgiauth.h.diff

You can then complete a make cgis and a make install-cgis

Please feel free to send comments or questions to the Nagios Dev mailing
list.

Derrick