Nagios Tracker #15 - cannot access if logged in

Christian Schneemann cschneemann at suse.de
Wed Jul 15 14:30:17 CEST 2009

On Wednesday July 15 2009 01:07:31 am Ton Voon wrote:
> On 14 Jul 2009, at 23:10, Christian Schneemann wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 July 2009 23:36:45 Ton Voon wrote:
> >> On 11 Jul 2009, at 21:07, Hendrik Baecker wrote:

[...]
> Another option is possibly that we scan the nagios objects.dat file
> and only allow host addresses that have been specified there, which is
> another form of whitelisting, but allows IDNs.
There will be some more "problems" with IDN domains I think. To ping such a
domain you have to convert the domain with the idn tool.
A ping from a shell would looke like this:
ping `idn <IDN Domain>`

So the problem is not just in this fix, maybe there work to be done on some
other functions too to support IDN Domains in nagios.

A short test with check_ping showed me, that there is no support for IDN
Domains too.

So I would like to open a feature request for supporting IDN Domains.

Greetings,
 Christian

--
Christian Schneemann

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,
Maxfeldstr. 5, D - 90409 Nürnberg

Phone:  +49 (0)911 - 740 53 0
e-mail: cschneemann at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex
HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)