Nagios Tracker #15 - cannot access if logged in

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Tue Jul 14 23:36:45 CEST 2009

On 11 Jul 2009, at 21:07, Hendrik Baecker wrote:

> Christian Schneemann schrieb:
>
>> My problem is, that I cannot access this tracker entry if I'm
>> logged in, I get
>> an access denied, if I log me out I can access the entry.
>>
>> Any suggestions? This is the entry that troubles me
>> http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=15
>>
> Hi Christian,
>
> I took a deeper look into the mantis stuff... As the tracker starts up
> everyone was allowed to submit new issues as an anonymous user
> mapped to
> "guest". A few weeks ago authorization was hardend a bit. "guest"
> isn't
> longer allowed to submit new issues but he's allowed to edit his own.
>
> Regarding the #15, it was marked as "private" (guess cause the
> security
> level) and those issues are only viewable as "developer" access
> level +
> initiator of the issue - bad thing up to here.

Personally, I think security items should be listed, but details not
displayed. This shows that someone can see there is a vulnerability,
but not necessarily access information about how to exploit it.

However, I'll bend to the consensus. I suggest we update the dev
guidelines to reflect the decision.

> I've just changed the issue owner to the administrator user to prevent
> the viewing by the anonymous user.
>
> Your comment related to the IDN Domains is attached to the post, if
> you
> have more ideas on it, please send a message off-list to Ethan,
> Andreas
> Ericsson and Ton Voon.

Is there a definitive list of all characters used in IDN Domains?

Ton