Are all the last_update values in status.dat always the same?

Steven D. Morrey smorrey at ldschurch.org
Thu Jul 9 19:03:08 CEST 2009

I've vetted through 2.7, 2.12 and 3.x in all cases it's the same
		fprintf(fp,"\tlast_update=%lu\n",current_time);

Oddly enough I don't think this was a bug.  I think that this WAS a bug fix way back in the mists of time, the reason being is that the last_update time is NEVER set or updated except when it's read in from retention.dat

If we correct this code to the proper temp_host->last_update and temp_service->last_update, nagios will likely segfault as soon as it writes out status.dat
I vote for complete removal of this line and modification of extinfo.c to use the file update time, since it appears to be the only file that uses it.
Let me know what you think!

Sincerely,
Steve