A NDOUtils replacement : CentreonBroker

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Jul 1 17:20:21 CEST 2009

Duncan Ferguson wrote:

> On 1 Jul 2009, at 10:14, Matthieu Kermagoret wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It seems like NDOUtils development will start again soon. That's great
>> news !
>>
>> However at Merethis, we though that NDOUtils were discontinued and so
>> we started to develop our own NDOUtils replacement : CentreonBroker.
>
> [ cut ]
>
>> - optimized DB schema
>
> How is the schema different from NDOUtils currently?  I have concerns
> that current users of NDOUtils would have a hard time switching over to
> CentreonBroker if the schema is wildly different or there were no
> documented database conversion steps to move from one to the other.
>
> Also, are you still evolving the schema or is it now stable?
>
> Basically I am interested in how much it is a drop in replacement and
> how much more evolution you expect there to be.

It's nowhere near a drop-in replacement. With some microscopic fixes
centreonbroker can be a replacement for Merlin (or vice versa), but
right now the database schema is far from compatible with NDOUtils.

I'm not on the CentreonBroker team, but I had a look at their DB
schema and didn't recognize anything even remotely NDO-ish in it.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.