[RFC] Data from file to sqlite3

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Tue Jan 20 14:37:14 CET 2009

Am Dienstag, den 20.01.2009, 10:41 +0100 schrieb Yann Jouanin:
> Hello everyone,
>

> I am thinking about the way data are stored (status…) and how it
> impacts performances.
>
> As an example, when there is a large number of services or hosts, CGIs
> become really slow cause it read the whole files. One of my idea to
> fix this problem would be to use a sqlite3 database instead of flat
> files.
>

> What are your feelings about that (performances, licence…)

Yann if i understood things right, the future plan is to get rid of the
current CGIs and dump all information via ndoutils in a (MySQL)-database
which will be then used by a yet to be wrtitten PHP frontend.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach