Nagios 3.x spews debug output on configuration verify on RHEL3 systems

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Thu Jan 15 04:26:35 CET 2009

Thanks Thomas.  I've compiled the nagios daemon from source using your
patch and it works great.  However, I try to keep this and our other Redhat
systems completely tied to yum repositories.  So, I'd love it if your
patch/suggestions could make it into the next release so the RHEL3 package
maintainers can build this in.

James Moseley

             Thomas
             Guyot-Sionnest
             <dermoth at aei.ca>                                           To
                                       Nagios Developers List
             01/14/2009 02:57          <nagios-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
             PM                        >
                                                                        cc

             Nagios Developers         Re: [Nagios-devel] Nagios 3.x spews
                   List                debug output on configuration
             <nagios-devel at lis         verify on RHEL3 systems
             ts.sourceforge.ne
                    t>

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com wrote:
> Should the patch below for RHEL3 systems be applied in the official
source
> release or other documentation so that package maintainers can build
RPM's
> with the below fix?

I ran into this as well... looks like old Perl includes define DEBUG.
This can be easily fixed by adding this line:
#undef DEBUG

right after #include <perl.h> in include/epn_nagios.h

IMHO it would be better though to s// all bare DEBUG's in the code to
something more unique like NAGIOS_DEBUG to avoid any similar issue in
the future. I can provide a full patch if Ethan is interested.