status.cgi performance problems.

Alessandro Ren alessandro.ren at opservices.com.br
Sun Jan 11 18:57:38 CET 2009

     We have a nagios system with 6000 services and 300 hosts and when
many users access it simultaneously, stagus.cgi sometimes takes up to 20
seconds too answer, so does the tac.cgi and extinfo.cgi, that status.log
parser drags all the cpu.
     I patched the code to store status.log on memcahed, but the gain in
performance was not great, I also stored objectscache, no speed
improvement. So I am thinking about storing the already parsed
structures in memcache to see.
     Does anyone knows any good seralization library to serialize the
nagios structures or a way to improve perfomence?

     Tks.

just about anything Open Source.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/Xq1LFB