Scheduling problem when using exclude in timepriod definition

Marc Hennes Marc.Hennes at financial.com
Mon Feb 23 11:47:05 CET 2009

Hi,

I use a timeperiod which references in exclude another timeperiod. Everything looks fine until the exclude timeperiod is reached. Then the next check is scheduled for 00:00 the next day. And not as I would expect for the end of the exclude timeperiod. I wrote a short test case to show what happens

Timeperiod.cfg:
define timeperiod{
        timeperiod_name tp_test
        alias           24x7 excluding test
        sunday          00:00-24:00
        monday          00:00-24:00
        tuesday         00:00-24:00
        wednesday       00:00-24:00
        thursday        00:00-24:00
        friday          00:00-24:00
        saturday        00:00-24:00
        exclude         tp_test_exclude
       }

define timeperiod{
        timeperiod_name tp_test_exclude
        alias           24x7 excluding
        sunday          09:40-09:50
        monday          09:40-09:50
        tuesday         09:40-09:50
        wednesday       09:40-09:50
        thursday        09:40-09:50
        friday          09:40-09:50
        saturday        09:40-09:50
}

Services.cfg:
define service{
        name                            timeperiod_test
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        host_name                       HOSTNAME
        service_description             timeperiod_test
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    tp_test
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             never
        notification_options            w,u,c
        notifications_enabled           0
        check_command                   check-host-alive
}

Output from webgui:

Last Check Time: 23-02-2009 09:39:43
Check Type: ACTIVE
Check Latency / Duration: 0.136 / 0.013 seconds
Next Scheduled Check:   24-02-2009 00:00:00
Last State Change: 23-02-2009 09:12:39

I tested it on Nagios 3.0.6 and 3.1.0. This occurs on both versions. Looks like a bug to me.

Regards
Marc

financial.com AG

Munich head office/Hauptsitz M?nchen: Maria-Probst-Str. 19 | 80939 M?nchen | Germany
Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach
Register court/Handelsregister: Munich - HRB 128 972 | Sales tax ID number/St.Nr.: DE205 370 553

http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H