High latencies problem.

D. Emmanuel Feinsmith daniel at danielemmanuelfeinsmith.com
Fri Feb 20 04:12:24 CET 2009

Another note on this, the event broker that I am referring to can both
buffer results in memory (to queue them up until Nagios is ready), and
it can also queue them up in a dynamically sized Sqlite database,
which also removes the command pipe size limitation. I have seen it
handle 50,000 to 75,000 service check results on a dual CPU box with
4g RAM without any problem or significant latency issues. These kind
of results were the basis for my earlier statement that the
fundamental internal code of nagios is pretty fast, you just need to
find quick ways to get the data in.

Once nagios has captured the raw host and service check results, it's
pretty efficient, even in the 2.x codeline.

Daniel.