High latencies problem.

Gerhard Lausser Gerhard.Lausser at consol.de
Wed Feb 18 12:03:06 CET 2009

>      Latency is still high, I cound not noticed any change.
> Bellow the nagios -s output.
i forgot the one, which had the greatest impact

enable_environment_macros=0

When we disabled the macros, the load dropped from 40 to 10. If you don't
have self-written check/notification scripts which use the environment
variables NAGIOS_*, then it is not worth to waste cpu cycles translating
macros into environment variables.
My impression is, when you reach > 7000 services, Nagios spends too much
time with internal calculations. That's why we turned off these "smart"
settings.

Gerhard

http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H