High latencies problem.

Alessandro Ren alessandro.ren at opservices.com.br
Tue Feb 17 17:17:59 CET 2009

    Hello,

I have a nagios system running with 427 hosts and 11160 services and
since I reached 8000 services, I am having problems with the latency
beeing around 100s and 200s.
    use_large_installation_tweaks is enabled, max_concurrent_checks have
been tested with 0 and higher values and I have tested this setup in two
different HWs, a dual core with 4GB RAM 32 bits a a Dual Xeon Dual core
64bits with 8GB of RAM. We are using REdHat enterprise 5.
    Also reaper is already at 2s, host checks with cache horizon are
enabled with a max retry of 3, all services check every 5min.
    I have no service dependency set up.
    I've noticed that nagios is not spawning too many processes as
another nagios I have running which has far less servicexs and it seems
that the event loop if lagging behing, in my debugs.
    Any ideas what could I do to fix that? Have I reached a limit in
nagios pooler code?

    Tks.

--
Alessandro Ren