servicegroup definition

Ingo Kley ingo.kley at web.de
Mon Dec 21 16:02:02 CET 2009

Hallo

we are using Nagios (3.2.0) more and more and we like it. We would like to
create a servicegroup definition in the form of

members +hostgroup_name,service_name

but using of hostgroups instead of single hosts seems not to work.
(Error Could not expand member services specified in servicegroup)

For example: if there are 100 apache_servers with their own
apache_service that should be in the same
servicegroup, the configuration contains 100 members in the form

server1,same_service,server2,same_service ... server100,same_service

We would like to create a hostgroup (
hostgroup_name generic_apache_servers)

The definition of every apache_server would contain
use generic_apache_servers.

If it would be possibel to define a servicegroup like this, it would be
very nice to add every service into this group (automaticly ):

define servervicegroup {apache_webservices
members +generic_apache_servers,same_service

Kind regards

Ingo