New Nagios implementation proposal

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Fri Dec 18 15:59:33 CET 2009

Am Freitag, den 18.12.2009, 14:03 +0100 schrieb Andreas Ericsson:
> That's good to know. That means it's possible to write super-fast
> snippets in C and put that in a Nagios library that the Python
> thing loads.

I really wonder what nagios needs that cannot be done fast enough in
java/python/whatever. I work in a java shop and i can tell you that
modern VM-Languages are super fast. We do some awsome high traffic
realtime things here with java.
I totally agree that its your choice what you do with nagios in the
future, but I already have the impression that the project is dead for 2
years because of the inability to introduce new techniques features. Not
to speak of the lack of feedback (here, on the tracker, etc).

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach