nagios -v not counting all warnings

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Wed Dec 16 13:41:02 CET 2009

When I ran "nagios -v" to check my Nagios config just now, it found a
couple of duplicate service definitions:

----
  Nagios Core 3.2.0
  Copyright (c) 2009 Nagios Core Development Team and Community Contributors
  Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Ethan Galstad
  Last Modified: 08-12-2009
  License: GPL

  Website: http://www.nagios.org
  Reading configuration data...
     Read main config file okay...
  Processing object config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/contacts.cfg'...
  (lots more like this)
  Processing object config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/wireless-ap/ws5000-ap.cfg'...
  Warning: Duplicate definition found for service 'CPU' on host
'sh-en-1' (config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/servers-windows/cpu.cfg', starting on
line 3)
     Read object config files okay...

  Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

  Checking services...
          Checked 6766 services.
  (other checks)
  Checking misc settings...

  Total Warnings: 0
  Total Errors:   0

  Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the
pre-flight check
----

So even though it found those duplicate definitions, it still said
"Total Warnings: 0" at the end.  Is that a bug?  I've had a quick look
in Tracker and can't see anything similar, not sure If I'm looking in
the right place though.

Cheers,

Jim