Antwort: [Nagios-users] Alternatives to NSCA?

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Wed Dec 16 10:06:27 CET 2009

> Impressive, though I'd have preferred something like
>
>   gcc send_nsca.o /usr/lib/libmcrypt.a -s -o send_nsca

I just extracted this from a gcc -v and then did a gcc -c
to fiddle libmcrypt.a into it.

> > This gives me a dynamic linked send_nsca with static linked libmcrypt.
> > Sadly I didn't check the size of libmcrypt.a and the stripped
send_nsca
> > is still 170kb - little bit too much for me.
>
>   strip send_nsca
>
> and it should lose about 100K.

As written above, I already stripped send_nsca and came up with 170k.

Regards
        Sascha

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522