long_plugin_output problems?

Alessandro Ren alessandro.ren at opservices.com.br
Tue Dec 15 16:41:35 CET 2009

     This is the same long_plugin_output generated by nagios 3.0.6, I
think something changed in the escape code. Any ideas?

         long_plugin_output=NRPE - Nagios Remote Plugin
Executor\nCopyright (c) 1999-2007 Ethan Galstad
(nagios at nagios.org)\nVersion: 2.8.1\nLast Modified: 05-10-2007\nLicense:
GPL v2 with exemptions (-l for more info)\nSSL/TLS Available: Anonymous
DH Mode, OpenSSL 0.9.6 or higher required\nTCP Wrappers
Available\n\n***************************************************************\n**
POSSIBLE SECURITY RISK - COMMAND ARGUMENTS ARE SUPPORTED! **\n**
Read the NRPE SECURITY file for more information
**\n***************************************************************\n\nUsage:
nrpe [-n] -c <config_file> <mode>\n\nOptions:\n -n            = Do not
use SSL\n <config_file> = Name of config file to use\n <mode>        =
One of the following two operating modes:\n   -i          =    Run as a
service under inetd or xinetd\n   -d          =    Run as a standalone
daemon\n\nNotes:\nThis program is designed to process requests from the
check_nrpe\nplugin on the host(s) running Nagios.  It can run as a
service\nunder inetd or xinetd (read the docs for info on this), or as
a\nstandalone daemon. Once a request is received from an
authorized\nhost, NRPE will execute the command/plugin (as defined in
the\nconfig file) and return the plugin output and return code to
the\ncheck_nrpe plugin.\n\n