BUG? exclude hosts with regexp not working

Jelle Smet nagios at smetj.net
Tue Dec 15 12:31:00 CET 2009

Hi List,

Can someone tell if this is intended behaviour or a bug?

I have following features in my nagios.cfg file:
use_regexp_matching=1
use_true_regexp_matching=0

Although I can apply a service to a group of servers based upon their name using:
hosts                        redhat_servers*

I can't exclude hosts based upon their name using:
hosts                        !redhat_servers*

Nagios complains that it can't find host '!redhat_servers*'

something like this would work though
hosts                        !redhat_servers01,!redhat_servers02,!redhat_servers03,!redhat_servers04,!redhat_servers05,!redhat_servers06

That's not really consistent not?

--
Jelle Smet
http://www.smetj.net