New Nagios implementation proposal

Gerhard Lausser Gerhard.Lausser at consol.de
Wed Dec 9 18:17:16 CET 2009

Hi,

> 3 : Great idea!! Why isn't it already done?
3++
kudos for the greatest idea anyone had in a long time. I downloaded the
demo-image and wanted to lick the monitor.
Although i never programmed in Python, i could read and understand the code
immediately. I think it will be hard to compete with the other open source
monitoring systems by using C-Code which has grown over the last 10 years.
Moving on to a modern object-oriented language instead will add new energy
to Nagios development.
And finally, the ability to run on Windows (without effort) will surely
broaden the installation base.

Gerhard

Return on Information:
Google Enterprise Search pays you back