Multithreaded Macro Support Wrapper (failure)

Steven D. Morrey smorrey at ldschurch.org
Wed Aug 26 19:19:03 CEST 2009

I am sad to report that my attempt at multi-threading the current macro system did not succeed.
However valuable lessons were learned in the process.

My previous approach of creating a couple of functions and placng mutexs on them was not sufficient.
Each thread is going to end up needing it's own isolated macro system for the current system to work.

My new approach will be similar in some respects except that there will be thread specific versions of each macro, something along the lines of...

macro_x[tid][MACRO_NAME]

It's not a permanent solution, but I believe it will work and it's clean without requiring another refactor.
Furthermore, it should port to the 3x branch without much trouble at all, just a simple search and replace.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Sincerely,
Steve