New project announce: NSCA2

Jose Luis Martinez jlmartinez-lists-nagios-devel at capside.com
Wed Aug 26 13:10:19 CEST 2009

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra escribió:
> I fully agree with you, but could you please call it a name that
> wouldn't cause confusion?

Any proposals?

> If you insist on using NSCA2, please implement a compatibility layer :)

What type of compatibility would people want?

Protocol compatibility? (that is that you can mix nsca2 and nsca clients
and servers)
  - this one I'm not aiming for.

Configuration compatibility?
  - Didn't have it in mind. Maybe if the community wants it, the
community gets it :)

Interface compatibility? (you subsitute clients and server, and
everything keeps on working, that is: nagios doesn't have to be
reconfigured to update to nsca2)
  - I'm aiming for type of compatibility

Anything I didn't think of?

Cheers,