RHEL/CentOS updates

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Aug 20 10:42:41 CEST 2009

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com wrote:
> Thanks, Andreas.  I have to admit I have a limited understanding of the
> communication and processes that go on between developers and package
> maintainers.

We (the core dev team) do not, to my knowledge, keep in touch with the
various package maintainers specifically. There are dozens of them, and
they're very busy, just as us. We trust however that they, like us, do
monitor the oss-security list where Mitre posts their CVE reports and
where developers and users can report new issues. Most large-ish dists
scan those lists on at least a weekly basis.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.