NRPE and NMAP problems?

Mark Keller keller.mark at con-way.com
Sat Aug 15 00:58:28 CEST 2009

On Friday 14 August 2009 14:51:44 Hiren Patel wrote:

> it seems like a bug to me, although I haven't been able to reproduce it
> on ubuntu.
> could you test the attached diff to see if it helps any.
> thanks.

I have applied the patch to NRPE for CentOS and Solaris and it seems to solve
the problem. Now I just get either an "SSL handshake failure" or "Network
server getpeername() failure (22: Invalid argument)". Which would probably be
expected coming from nmap connecting to the port.

I have been using my own build from source for all my server platforms
(CentOS/RedHat/Suse/Solaris/AIX). I did try Ubuntu's build of NRPE on my
desktop and that didn't seem to have the problem. So they must have some patch
in their build.

I will run this patch on a couple of servers over the weekend and make sure I
don't have any problems.

Thanks for the help!

Mark