fix request

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Aug 14 14:23:11 CEST 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 3:27 AM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> On 13. aug.. 2009, at 22.00, Holger Weiß wrote:

> That is bullshit. Why won't you add that fix to the 3.[01].x? Is it
> really that much work?

You know that Holger has no say in whether that happens or not, right?

> Seems to me the only reason not to do so, is to force people to use
> 3.2.x instead of the old versions.

Your animosity on this issue is spectacular considering the patch you
seek is available via Sourceforge (took me less than 5 minutes to find
in the CVS tree). Isn't that why you're using Open Source software
instead of commercial software? So you're not _forced_ to upgrade and
can instead continue to maintain old code yourself?

And yes, using the latest stable release is a good thing and should be
encouraged.

You keep bringing up Icinga. If you like Icinga, and their methods,
_use_ Icinga! Nobody here has a stake in which of the two you use.
Choose the one that's best for you. It's really that simple.

--
Marc