fix request

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Fri Aug 14 10:27:52 CEST 2009

On 13. aug.. 2009, at 22.00, Holger Weiß wrote:

> * Badri Pillai <badri at diglinks.com> [2009-08-13 15:00]:
>> BUT a security bug, which is not only  affecting Nagios
>>   but the whole system it is running on,
>>   needs special attention and should be fixed asap
>>
>> ON all versions of Nagios provides for download (as patch)
>
> Support for old release branches is what your Unix or Linux
> distribution
> vendor should provide, not necessarily the upstream developers.

That is bullshit. Why won't you add that fix to the 3.[01].x? Is it
really that much work?

Seems to me the only reason not to do so, is to force people to use
3.2.x instead of the old versions.

I can understand quite well that someone chose to fork out
Icinga........

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres
intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å