Where are the developers?

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Thu Aug 13 13:02:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

Andreas Ericsson wrote the following on 13.08.2009 12:06:
> If there's something specific
> you want to discuss that requires fast-paced communication, I'll
> happily set a date and time where I can go online on irc so we can
> talk about it, but I'll never monitor an irc channel on a "just in
> case" basis.
point taken. as far as i remember some chats between developers on irc
it was a short "try-this-instead" or "patch-to-be-applied" chat or
discussion about bugs. not that much and also longer breaks in
between... quite a big "mailbox"-system, but emails are easier to follow.

> However, I seriously
> doubt you'll find Icinga developers being *active* on irc all the
> time. They're just as busy as we are.
Meanwhile I am the only one and idle 24/7 as I do not have the time to
monitor the channel. It simply breaks my concentration on the code and
for rewriting queries for *DOUtils for Postgres/Oracle it will cause
much more time til the final release. Besides work some chillout time
regarding non-computer at home is nice, too ;-)

Kind regards,
Michael

--
DI (FH) Michael Friedrich