Searching for a proper nagios replacement

Christian Schneemann cschneemann at suse.de
Thu Aug 13 12:21:22 CEST 2009

On Thursday August 13 2009 09:30:37 am Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now with the release of 3.2.0 and the stupiest decision ever - the move to
> a php frontend - I'm looking for a replacement.
You're looking for a replacement of nagios? Just because the exchangeable
webfrontend?

Greetings,
 Christian

> It should be:
>
> - compatible with nagios plugins
> - developed with security in mind. (yes that means no php)
>
> As an alternative I'm thinking about the implemementation of an alternative
> webfrontend maybe in perl or ruby. If somebody wants to share ideas with
> me, get in touch with me.

> Alex

Christian Schneemann
Operations & Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,
Maxfeldstr. 5, D - 90409 Nürnberg

Phone:  +49 (0)911 - 740 53 0
e-mail: cschneemann at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex
HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)