Bug in cgi/extinfo.c ?

Andre De Deurwaerder andre.dedeurwaerder at uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Aug 12 21:57:41 CEST 2009

> > @Devels:
> > Depending on the configuration of an object soft error are just
> > temporary. IMO it would be OK to allow an ack on soft errors to
> prevent
> > a notification.
> >

> notifications would only be sent on hard states, what is the use of
> having any acknowledgements on soft states? or am I missing something?

We have set up a system that generates an audible alarm every few minutes as long as there is a not acknowledged problem within a hostgroup, both for host and service problems.

Obviously once we start working on the problem we want to acknowledge the problem to stop the alarm.

That's how we noticed that you can ack a host problem while it is in soft state, but you can't do this for service problems.

Andre