Nagios 3.1.1 eats cpu like mad

Hiren Patel hir3npatel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 17:57:50 CEST 2009

Marc Powell wrote:
>>> Just to let you know that the original scheduler bug remains there
>>> on Nagios release 3.1.2, but now when something wrong happens with
>>> service scheduling Nagios write a log line saying:
>>>
>>> Warning: Check of service 'fake-test' on host 'localhost' could not
>>> be rescheduled properly.  Scheduling check for next week...

if this can be reproduced with active checks with check_periods, please
let me know.

>>> We need to look more closely to problem.
>> could you provide simple configuration that can be used to replicate
>> the
>> problem on 3.1.2? thanks.
>
> Using -HEAD from a few days ago. I see this as well, but most of my
> checks are passive only. I use the old trick of enabling active checks
> but with check_period none to keep the GUI clean. It's happening for

those logs are most definitely because of the configuration you have,
with active checks and no timeperiods, when nagios is asked to find the
next valid time for the check, it doesn't know how, because there aren't
any timeperiods for it to work that out.