Help : hostdependency cycle or not here?

nap naparuba at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 17:00:58 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I'm curently writing a new algo for hostdependency (and service) like
for the circular host check. I wrote it, but I've got a different
result than Nagios for this conf :
host1<-host2, ... host9999 <- host10000, host10000<-host1 but no
inherit on the last dependancy.

My algo say this is not a problem, because the last relation is
without inherits (so we do not cycle), but Nagios is not OK with it.
I'm wrong?

You can test with the sample conf, untar the file in
/usr/local/nagios/etc/ and add into the nagios.cfg :
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/host-10000.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/service-10000.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/host-dep-10000.cfg

If my algo is OK, it's quite fast for huge conf with a lot of inherits
dependancies. If not, it's quite fast for find false results :p

Thanks,

Gabès Jean