Is nagios core extendable? (fwd)

Andreas Ericsson exon at op5.com
Tue Apr 7 17:40:39 CEST 2009

Please don't top-post. It makes it hard to follow which of my questions
and answers you're replying to.

LadislavHavlik wrote:

> Yes, but event broker module does solve problems such is cumulative logs
> (we have service data = meta data and "data". Where I can read more
> about event broker developing
> (I have only "halloworld module", but I need more info, about modules
> design, how connect
> to nagios, possibilities...more :))?

At http://git.op5.org/git/nagios there are a few event-broker modules.
merlin, reports-module, pnsca and ndoutils to name a few of them.

pnsca.git is extremely small and simple. reports-module, merlin and
ndoutils all have code for inserting data into databases. merlin has
a binary event transport mechanism built in with which it communicates
with a daemon counterpart (or other merlin daemons situated on other
nagios servers). NDOUtils has something similar, although only for a
single nagios server and I think it's a text-based event transfer
protocol.

Googling for

    dnx nagios

should provide you with a link to yet another eventbroker module. If
you can't find what you need by reading those modules, I doubt you'll
succeed in writing one yourself.

HTH

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.