Is nagios core extendable?

LadislavHavlik LadislavHavlik at seznam.cz
Tue Apr 7 13:31:32 CEST 2009

Hi everyboy,

sorry for my poor English in advance.

I have very simply question: Is core code extendable (I don't think GNU licence)?
Let us say  I want "fork" and extend current Nagios version about:

1. direct saving results into DB (not by using NDO etc..., but direct - ASAP but refllex possibilities
DB and work node ~ such is latency, IOWait, busy Waiting, timeouts, etc...),

2. "predictive - modul", but no stnd. Nagios modul (this isn't
good place for more explanation).
Very short: Not concept "Event done then send message" but predicitve-statistically: "EVENT PROBABLY
is able to occur then send message".

Have I got your suport for this solutions?
Are these solutions correct?
What is your opinions on this?
Thanks for reply

Cheers
--Lada

Note:
Sorry, but I have very good reason for this short info - no detail for more info.