Antwort: Re: Check becomes unplanned

Bernd Arnold bernd_a at gmx.de
Sat Sep 13 17:18:45 CEST 2008

Hi Sascha,

thanks for your commented source lines and your thoughts. That was very
helpful for the testing and debugging mentioned in my latest post.

> COMMENT: BÄNG - our check just got shoved to mars - landing in 1 year and
> we don't even get
> a notification for it and it does not orphan or whatever...

A call of the logit(...) function could have been helpful. Some
people are checking the log from time to time :-)

> The question is now - what's the smartest way to handle this?
> Basically I see 2 different approaches:
>
> 1. When compensating timeshifts - doublecheck that you do not move a check
> outside its valid check_period
> 2. When trying to schedule checks, that somehow ran outside its
> check_period - try to be smart and look for
> the next valid time inside the check_period of that check instead of just
> adding check_interval and naivly
> hoping for it to be allright

My patch meets your second approach (and also the first, I believe). And yes,
I'm naivly hoping for it to be allright...

Regards
Bernd

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx