notification_interval check vs. check_period interval check - config.c

Marcel webknowledge at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 01:35:39 CEST 2008

I think i've found a bug.

in config.c:

At line #1878, temp_service->check_interval is incorrectly assuming
interval_lenght=60, but if one would use an interval_length directive equals
to 1, then the Warnings like: "[1220575781] Warning: Service 'Current Load'
on host 'faeroes'  has a notification interval less than its check
interval!  Notifications are only re-sent after checks are made, so the
effective notification interval will be that of the check interval." will
incorrectly shows up, because the conditional below assumes interval_lenght
= 60.

(line 1878)
if(temp_service->notification_interval<temp_service->check_interval &&
temp_service->notification_interval!=0){

I don't know exactly where the interval_length could be fetched to correctly
multiply by the value of check_interval and compare it to the "in minutes"
value of notification_interval and send a patch, just saw these warning on a
new install with interval_length = 1, and I think i might report it.

Sorry if this is a known bug and/or if i've missed something.

HTH,
Marcel