$USERn$ macros throughout config

Fraser Scott fraser.scott at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 13:00:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

I was wondering whether it would be desirable to be able to use
$USERn$ macros throughout the Nagios configuration and not just in
check definitions etc. In my instance I wanted to be able to flag
whether we were on a central server or a distributed one. I was going
to use $USER10$ set to 0 on the central server and $USER10$ set to 1
on a distributed server. I was then going to use $USER10$ as the value
of active_checks_enabled and notifications_enabled. As it didn't work
I have created a separate template file which doesn't get sync'd
between servers that defines the values, but I still feel the use of
the macro would be cleaner.

Cheers,
Fraser