Email/SMS Notifications for a particular service

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 19:59:29 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Hendrik Bäcker <andurin at process-zero.de>wrote:

Hi Hendrik

Nagios version 2.9
define service {
        host_name       nmhost0001
        service_description     NetmagicHTTP
        check_period    24x7
        check_command   check_nrpe!check_http_netmagic
        contact_groups  admins
        notification_period     24x7
        normal_check_interval   5
        retry_check_interval    1
        max_check_attempts      4
        is_volatile     0
        parallelize_check       1
        active_checks_enabled   1
        passive_checks_enabled  1
        obsess_over_service     1
        event_handler_enabled   1
        low_flap_threshold      0.000000
        high_flap_threshold     0.000000
        flap_detection_enabled  1
        freshness_threshold     0
        check_freshness 0
        notification_options    u,w,c,r
        notifications_enabled   1
        notification_interval   300
        stalking_options        n
        process_perf_data       1
        failure_prediction_enabled      1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        }

2008-10-23 00:00:00: CURRENT SERVICE STATE:
nmhost0001;NetmagicHTTP;OK;HARD;1;HTTP OK HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 0.001 second
response time
2008-10-23 02:49:27: SERVICE ALERT:
nmhost0001;NetmagicHTTP;CRITICAL;HARD;1;HTTP CRITICAL - pattern found
2008-10-23 03:08:07: SERVICE ALERT: nmhost0001;NetmagicHTTP;OK;HARD;1;HTTP
OK HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 0.005 second response time

Please let me know if you need any other information

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal