html output in service checks

Shad L. Lords slords at lordsfam.net
Wed Oct 15 20:28:13 CEST 2008

I just finished upgrading nagios 2.x to the latest version.  In doing so
  I noticed that the html is now being escaped and I'm no longer able to
pass plugin output like the following:

CPU 1(0)<br />CPU 2(10)

With earlier version (2.9 specifically) I was able to do this and it
would display correctly.  Under 3.x there is a cgi parameter
(escape_html_tags) that I can set to 0 to allow html tags to pass
through.  However this doesn't work for 2.x stream.

Is there any way to get html tags to pass through in the 2.x stream?

-Shad