Predictive Dependency Checks for hosts and services

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Wed Oct 15 17:21:13 CEST 2008

Rouven Homann wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> we were asked to add Predictive Dependency Checks for hosts and services
> (as described here:
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/dependencychecks.html) to
> NagiosQL. I was wondering what this may look like, because I don't see
> the configuration options in the host/service configuration definition.
> Could you please send me an example of this configuration (with the
> various options) and a small documentation as well?
>
> Cheers,
> Rouven

Hi Rouven - Your job just got easier. :-)

You don't need to add anything to dependency definitions.  All you need
to do is add support for new 'enable_predictive_host_dependency_checks'
and 'enable_predictive_service_dependency_checks' options in the main
config file.  Nagios takes care of the rest.

- Ethan Galstad