Would large CGI patches be considered?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Oct 9 13:32:15 CEST 2008

hemebond wrote:
> I've only been using Nagios for a few months but I've already been
> into the CGI source a few times to make fairly significant changes;
> mostly to optimise the output and get more information. I've now
> undone all that because I don't want my Nagios installation to deviate
> from the standard Nagios installation; instead I'm using NDOUtils and
> MySQL to make information accessible.
>
> But I was wondering, if I submitted patches/changes to Nagios, at
> least the CGIs, would they be considered? I've read many times that
> the CGIs are going to be dropped, and I've also not contributed any
> patches to Nagios before.

Patches will be reviewed and, if they're good, queued for Ethan to
grab if he likes what they're doing.

The CGI's are definitely going away, but it won't happen overnight
and for a transition period at least, we'll need to maintain both
the current CGI's and the new interface.

As for how to submit patches, they should be in unified diff format,
preferrably generated with "diff -up", or with "git diff" based on
the 'master' branch at git://git.op5.org/nagios.git

Good luck.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se