no macro for nagios server itself ?

Andy Shellam andy-lists at networkmail.eu
Tue Oct 7 18:53:36 CEST 2008

Hi Guillaume,

You're correct.  Nagios in it's initial setup state doesn't send mails
out (you have to configure the mail/notification commands yourself.)
Therefore to add additional information such as a URL to Nagios and a
customised sender string, you would need to build these into your solution.

You could also have used the $ADMINEMAIL$ macro (which is the value of
the admin_email configuration directive) as the sender string in your
mail command, but a USER macro does just fine too.

Andy