Additional image for action_url in host and service definitions patch

Wim Hoekman wim.hoekman at altium.com
Fri Nov 28 15:06:06 CET 2008

Hello all,

For some services my action_url is set to view performance
data (graphs), while for other services the action_url is set to lead to
an external webbased system to perform additional commands.

To be able to see what action is to be performed in the Service Detail
overview , I would like to be able to define different images for
different actions.

Some time ago (almost a year) I posted a request for this, but since
then nothing happened.

So, I decided to roll up my sleeves, and make the modifications myself.

The attached patch adds the field 'action_image' to be defined for
hosts, hostgroups, services, and service groups:

define service {
	use		template
	host_name	host1
	service_description	Load
	action_url	http://....
	action_image	action1.gif
}

If the action_image is not defined, the default red "splat" icon is used.

Attached patch is made against 3.0.5, and is already running on my
production Nagios server.

I would be very happy if this patch can be included in the next Nagios
release.

Regards,

Wim.