ndoutil.spec file...

Edgar Matzinger nagiosdev at edgar-matzinger.nl
Sun Nov 23 19:55:49 CET 2008

Fellow listers,

  is anyone of you interested in a ndoutils spec file? I've created
one that creates both a nagios-2x or nagios-3x version automatically
based upon the version of nagios installed on the systemn.

And if nagios isn't installed, it creates an rpm that contains both
2x and 3x versions.

1. The files in 'config/*' have been renamed to <file>.in;
2. they have configuration directives in them to be able to relocate
   the base directory;
3. nagios.cfg is renamed to broker-nagios.cfg.in;
4. during the installation of the rpm, broker-nagios.cfg is appended
   to nagios.cfg;
5. after the installation, the user is informed to create a database
   and to load the database scheme and to configure ndoutils;
6. during the removal of ndoutils, the lines added in point 4, are
   removed again.

And yes, I know that there are some spec files available on the web.
The only difference is that I've created one that is more generic.

Regards, Edgar Matzinger.