Command to replace timeperiod

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Nov 21 16:34:08 CET 2008

Markus.Almroth at teliasonera.com wrote:
> I've been considering implementing the use of "standard" Nagios commands
> to make it possible to incorporate any kind of calendar functionality.
>
> Hosts and services could have an option
> "notification_timeperiod_commands" or something like that.
>
> Good or bad idea?

Bad. It's a performance killer for anything but very small environments,
as timeperiods are checked every time a check is run, or a notification
is sent, or a check is rescheduled, or... etc.

If you need something like this, submit a patch to let NEB-modules
replace the timeperiod functionality and then let that NEB-module check
things up in a database/external file/whatever.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se